Those things that just tear up your heart.....

As I sat here tonight watching the show "So You Think You Can Dance", one of the routines on there literally brought tears to my eyes.  Some things that you see, read, or hear strike such a resonant chord in your emotions that you cannot keep them inside.  Some of them make me feel some emotions so deeply that I don't even have to hear/see them; just recall them; and my eyes fill with tears. 

One of them is the opening 15 minutes of the movie, "An Eye for An Eye", the one with Sally Field and Kiefer Sutherland.  The scene where her daughter is getting brutalized and murdered while screaming for her mother on the phone, and her mother having to hear that, literally tore me to pieces.  I had anxiety attacks for days after watching that.  To this day, I cannot watch that movie.  Another thing is the song "Imagine Me" by Kirk Franklin.  The lyrics are all about how someone who has so many perceived flaws, can't imagine how God or anyone else can love them.  Finally they "get it" and all of the old hurts, pain, and doubts melt away under God's love. 

Sometimes I'll hear a song...see a movie....see a commercial....read a passage in a book....and for some reason the waterworks start.  Jesus don't LET me watch those commercials for the ASPCA....the ones with Sarah McLachlan singing over them?  Holy hell it makes me want to buy 61464 acres somewhere for a million dogs!

Why are some things so easy to tug at the heartstrings for some, and leave others cold? 

Suffice it to say, on those nights where my kids are with their dad....I will not be watching or listening to any of the above....I just can't handle it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The end result is worth the struggle, or how it feels to be on the verge of an empty nest.

It's more than just a robot-Part 2

Family FIRST, and life changing events...