When does Karma become Revenge?

Everyone has that person that they wish Karma would come and smack upside the head.  With a chair.  Followed by an uppercut with a cast iron skillet.  You always "wish bad things happened to bad people" because it seems like the good people always get the short end of the stick.  However, what happens when something bad actually DOES happen to someone bad?  Or at least, the person in question is bad in your eyes.  What if they've done so many things to wrong you, profited off of your misery, and thrived while you've suffered.....and then something comes along to finally knock them off of their high horse?  Is it an un-Christian feeling when you try to find a bit of sympathy for them...yet you can't do it at all?  I find myself in one of those situations and try as I might, I can't muster up a single solitary reason to feel sorry for this person.  I just can't.  I prayed about it, but I just can't feel any sympathy or empathy for this individual.  I really don't know how to feel about it.  I do think I'm a good person.  I try to put the needs of others above my own,  I love children, would lay down my life for a loved one, and have and would be there for anyone whom I care about.  I cry at sappy commercials, can't watch those documentaries where baby animals die and the cameramen can't step in and help, and to this very day can't watch the part in the Lion King where Mufasa dies.  I know I have feelings, I have a heart, and I love with everything I am.  But I just can't feel sorry.  I can't feel bad.  I feel almost apathetic about this person and although I don't wish them ANY ill will (because I firmly believe that what goes around comes around), I don't feel anything for them either.  It's like being emotionally detached from the situation because there has been so much hurt and pain there.  I really have to think about this some more and decide how I want to feel about it.  I just pray for some clarity and a sense of inner peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's more than just a robot-Part 2

The end result is worth the struggle, or how it feels to be on the verge of an empty nest.

Family FIRST, and life changing events...