I'm just so tired.......

I rarely give in to the urge to whine.  Really, I don't.  But today, I feel like I need to whine.  Not wine mind you, whine.  Being a single parent, there isn't anyone you can just pass the buck to.  Nobody that will just pick up when you can't.  If you're sick?  You still have to do your everyday things.  If you're tired?  Nobody to come and tell you to take a break; they'll take over.  I sit and look at the laundry that needs to be done.  The vacuuming.  The roll of toilet paper the dog decided to tear up.  The kitchen that needs to be cleaned.  The bathroom where my son continually misses the toilet. 

I'm exhausted.  Physically and emotionally. I feel the beginnings of a cold coming on.  But, can I stop?  No.  I have to get up in the morning and take the kids to school.  Go to work.  Come home and be mom. 

For once, just once....I'd like to be able to say...can you do it?  Can you take the kids?  Can you fold that load of laundry?  Can you fix dinner?  Can you take out the dog?  I know I sound like poor pitiful pearl.  I know I do.  But dammit everyone wants to throw in the towel once in a while.  I want to go to a hotel.  I want room service to deliver my food.  I want a massage.  I want a jacuzzi tub.  I want a big bag of mindless fiction books at my disposal.  Just one weekend.  48 hours of pure escape.  Where I don't have to worry about anything or anyone but myself.  That sounds like heaven.  Seriously heaven.  Where can I sign up for this?  And while I'm gone, I want a maid service to clean my house from top to bottom.  That, for me,would be the ultimate present.  I think every mom, married or single, wants to just run away.  It would be AMAZING to forget the past due bills, the therapy appointments, the piles of laundry, the kitchen floor, and the dust bunnies for just a little while. 

However, duty calls, the fantasy dwindles away, and reality comes crashing down.  The dog is giving me the eye......I guess I'd better let her out before she thinks of something else to mess up......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The end result is worth the struggle, or how it feels to be on the verge of an empty nest.

It's more than just a robot-Part 2

Family FIRST, and life changing events...